Location Offered: Nanaimo Campus
Do you want to attend a Master’s or graduate program at VIU, and have met the academic entry requirements but need to improve your English and research skills?
We offer an accelerated 8-week learning format for Graduate Preparation*, which will prepare ESL students for graduate level classes at VIU. It focuses on developing reading strategies, responding to readings, putting together literature reviews and writing reports. The syllabus is customized based on interest and need, and you are also given the opportunity to enhance your discussion and presentation skills. After successfully completing Accelerated Grad Prep, you can begin your Master’s or graduate program at VIU.
Enter Accelerated Grad Prep in two ways: meet the IELTS or TOEFL direct entry score for Grad Prep, or successfully complete University Preparation level 5.
*Please note: This accelerated option is only available in June 2020 for students entering Grad Prep.
- 8-week semester
- 26 hours per week supplemented by individual and group tutorials
- Start date in June 2020
- Small classes: average class size 15-16, maximum 20
- Full access to University facilities including cafeteria, gymnasium, library, bookstore, health clinic and computer labs
- Access to full-time International Student Advisory Services and Department of Student Services
- Experienced professionals, trained in the most up to date teaching methods
Students are encouraged to apply three months before the start of the program to allow enough time for visa processing.