Length: 6.5 or 13 weeks
Location Offered: Nanaimo Campus
Do you want to learn English for communications purposes? Our Language Foundations program offers a skills-based curriculum that can take you from a beginner to an intermediate speaker in just 3 levels.
After successfully completing Language Foundations level 3, you can join our University Preparation program to develop your academic English skills and prepare to study at a Canadian university.
As an ESL student in Language Foundations, you will have access to our learning centre and be able to participate in sociocultural activities organised by the International Education faculty. These support services and activities will improve your fluency in English and help you to speak with increased confidence.
One level of Language Foundations is 13-weeks.
The 13-week course is divided into two 6.5-week modules, each of which covers 2 skills.
To finish one level of Language Foundations, both modules need to be completed.
- Beginner to intermediate.
- 20 hours per week of instruction.
- Start in January, February, April, June, August, October.
- Small classes, highly qualified, friendly, approachable teachers, and a wide range of learning materials.
- A minimum grade of C (60%) is required to pass any level of Language Foundations.
Students are encouraged to apply three months before the start of the program to allow enough time for visa processing.