Length: 13 weeks
Location Offered: Nanaimo Campus
Do you want to attend a Master’s or graduate program at VIU, and have met the academic entry requirements but need to improve your English and research skills?
Graduate Preparation prepares ESL students for graduate level classes at VIU. It focuses on developing reading strategies, responding to readings, putting together literature reviews and writing reports. The syllabus is customized based on interest and need, and you are also given the opportunity to enhance your discussion and presentation skills. After successfully completing Grad Prep, you can begin your Master’s or graduate program at our university.
Enter Grad Prep in two ways: with an IELTS or TOEFL score, or successfully complete University Preparation level 5.
- 13-week semester
- Three start dates per year: January, May, September
- 20 hours per week supplemented by individual and group tutorials
- Small classes: average class size 15-16, maximum 20
- Full access to University facilities including cafeteria, gymnasium, library, bookstore, health clinic and computer labs
- Access to full-time International Student Advisory Services and Department of Student Services
- Experienced professionals, trained in the most up to date teaching methods
Students are encouraged to apply three months before the start of the program to allow enough time for visa processing.