Date: Saturday, Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, Washington, USA
This 1 day Seattle tour is ideal for anyone who wants to explore the city of Seattle and the attractions at Seattle City Centre. Enjoy a tour of downtown Seattle with your tour guide including world-famous Pike Place Market and the world’s very first Starbucks. Spend some free time shopping downtown or visiting a local attraction such as the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden & Glass Museum, or the Museum of Pop Culture.
- Visit The Emerald City with its abundance of evergreen trees throughout and with the spectacular views of the Cascade and Olympic mountains combined with the Pacific Ocean
- Experience the highlights of the city on a guided tour including Seattle Centre, the world-famous Pike Place Market, the first Starbucks, and more!
- Enjoy free time to go shopping or visit an attraction such as the Seattle Space Needle, Chihuly Gardens & Glass Museum, or Museum of Pop Culture.
- Have FUN!!!
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place in the morning
- Arrive at the Canada/USA Border
- Stop at the Seattle Premium Outlets with the option to shop all day OR continue on to Seattle – winter tours only (Nov – April)
- Arrive in Seattle
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the city, including Seattle Centre, Pike Place Market, the first Starbucks, and the Gum Wall.
- Free time to shop at Westlake shopping mall & explore or enjoy one of the many activity options
- Pick-up at outlet mall – winter tours only (Nov – April)
- Arrive in Vancouver at approximately 8:30pm
- You need all of your passport information to make a booking
- Please expect that times may vary due to waiting time at the USA/Canada border. We are not in control of how long the wait at the border may be which is why we always recommend our 2-day Seattle tour over the 1-day tour options.
- You must bring your machine-readable passport valid for at least 6 months after the planned travel date, and appropriate VISA and/or Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
- $8 CAD will be charged at the time of booking for the border processing fee (if applicable)
- Please check with your embassy to ensure you have the appropriate visa and documentation to enter the US and return to Canada.
- You are responsible for bringing proper documentation on tour. You will not receive a refund if you do not bring your documents or are refused entry into the United States of America.
Your Cultural Connections team is awaiting for the final word with DC Tours - TBD
Online booking: 999 Canada Place in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel
- Adult (18+): from $97
- Youth/Student with ID: from $77
- Sightseeing through Washington State and the Pacific Northwest en route to Seattle
- Tour of downtown Seattle including Pike Place Market, the first Starbucks, & Seattle Centre
- Great discounts on optional activities
- Deluxe coach transportation with on-board entertainment
- Friendly, experienced Tour Guide to assist with the border crossing and make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes
Tour Departure Dates: Most Saturdays from January 5, 2019 to April 27, 2019. - Please Note: Cultural Connections Team is only booking for the April 20, 2019 trip. If you would like to book for other dates please visit Discover Canada Tours.
How to Sign Up
Our activities are available to all current VIU Students. Sign up with the Cultural Connections Team in person in Building 255.
You will need to have your:
- Student card,
- Proof of medical insurance (BC Care Card or Guard.me Insurance Policy)
- Payment (credit card is the only form of payment taken by DC Tours)
Hours & Locations for Signing Up with us:
Lunchtime Activity Information Desk Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12pm – 1pm in Building 255 - 1st Floor International Common or by appointment (see contact details below)
Individually Online @ Discover Canada Tours - Note: Your pickup location will be different from those who sign up with the Cultural Connections Team.
You may cancel your tour at any time by notifying Discover Canada Tours at 1-855-689-8128.
If you cancel your overnight tour:
More than 30 days in advance for tours that are 2-3 days in duration, a full refund will be applied minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per passenger. If you cancel within 30 days prior to departure, your tour is 100% non-refundable.
More than 60 days in advance for tours 4+ days in duration, a full refund will be applied minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per passenger. If you cancel within 60 days prior to departure, your tour is 100% non-refundable.
If you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time and miss the tour, no refund will be issued. Please check the map and transit schedule well in advance to ensure that you can get to the meeting spot on time.
Kelsey Moon, Activity Program Coordinator
phone: 250.753.3245, Ext. 2737
cell phone: 250.618.2549