Date: Friday, May 17, 2019 - Monday, May 20, 2019
This is DC Tours original and most popular tour with overnight stays in Revelstoke, the Town of Banff, and Valemount. It includes amazing sightseeing stops in the Okanagan Valley and the Rocky Mountains including gorgeous Canadian turquoise lakes and awesome mountain peaks!
- Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
- Opportunity to see wildlife (deer, moose, bears, elk, bighorn sheep & more!)
- Visit the lakeside city of Kelowna in the heart of the Okanagan Valley
- Experience beautiful emerald glacier lakes such as Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, and more!
- Enjoy a guided tour and free time for shopping and sightseeing in the town of Banff, plus option to visit the Banff Hot Springs
- Option to dance the night away at a VIP Party Night (18+)
- Enjoy a traditional Canadian cowboy ranch experience
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide
4 Days, 3 Nights
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place
- Enjoy incredible sights travelling through the Fraser Valley
- Travel through the Okanagan Valley – Canada’s desert with a lunch stop in Kelowna
- Check-in to your hotel in Revelstoke & join your guide for optional pub night this evening!
- After breakfast, depart Revelstoke in the morning
- Stop at Roger’s Pass en-route to one the most famous Lakes in the world – the beautiful, turquoise Lake Louise!
- Visit Moraine Lake or Emerald Lake this afternoon for more photo opportunities and have the option to go canoeing
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour in the town of Banff – among the highlights are visits to Banff Ave, Bow Falls and Banff Springs Hotel
- Option to visit Sulphur Mountain Gondola this afternoon for amazing views!
- Check into your hotel on Banff Avenue & enjoy free time for dinner and shopping or option to go to the Banff Hot Springs!
- Option to join your guide for a party at the bar – enjoy VIP entrance with your DCT wrist band
- After breakfast, travel the world renowned Icefields Parkway
- Visit Bow Lake & then tour through the Columbia Icefields. Choose to take part in the world-renowned Ice Explorer Glacier Tour here! (additional cost)
- Stop in the famous town of Jasper for lunch and shopping
- Check in to your hotel in Valemount this evening
- Group dinner (included) & street hockey / games night
- Enjoy breakfast and a unique cowboy ranch experience this morning
- Visit Spahats Falls & stop for lunch in Kamloops
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Booking through Cultural Connections Team: Tsawwassen Ferry in Vancouver - PLEASE NOTE: We must have a minimum of 10 students booked on the trip in order to qualify for the ferry pickup. If we do not reach that target - it is your responsibility to arrive on time at Canada Place in Vancouver.
Online booking: 999 Canada Place in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel
- Adult (18+): from $619
- Youth/Student with ID: from $519
- 3 nights hotel accommodation including one night in downtown Banff!
- 3 breakfasts & BBQ Dinner
- Cowboy Ranch Experience
- Travel through Canada’s desert – The Okanagan Valley
- Traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores! (weather and fire restrictions permitting)
- Deluxe coach transportation with on-board entertainment
- Friendly, experienced tour guide
- All taxes and park fees
How to Sign Up
Our activities are available to all current VIU Students. Sign up with the Cultural Connections Team in person in Building 255.
You will need to have your:
- Student card,
- Proof of medical insurance (BC Care Card or Guard.me Insurance Policy)
- Payment (credit card is the only form of payment taken by DC Tours)
Hours & Locations for Signing Up with us:
Lunchtime Activity Information Desk Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12pm – 1pm in Building 255 - 1st Floor International Commons or by appointment (see contact information below)
Individually Online @ Discover Canada Tours - Note: Your pickup location will be different from those who sign up with the Cultural Connections Team.
You may cancel your tour at any time by notifying Discover Canada Tours at 1-855-689-8128.
If you cancel your overnight tour:
More than 30 days in advance for tours that are 2-3 days in duration, a full refund will be applied minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per passenger. If you cancel within 30 days prior to departure, your tour is 100% non-refundable.
More than 60 days in advance for tours 4+ days in duration, a full refund will be applied minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per passenger. If you cancel within 60 days prior to departure, your tour is 100% non-refundable.
If you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time and miss the tour, no refund will be issued. Please check the map and transit schedule well in advance to ensure that you can get to the meeting spot on time.
Kelsey Moon, Activity Program Coordinator
phone: 250.753.3245, Ext. 2737
cell phone: 250.618.2549