Date: Friday, Feb 15, 2019 - Monday, Feb 18, 2019
Banff, AB, CA
On this tour you’ll travel over 2,000 kilometers, leaving the Province of British Columbia to Alberta and even cross a time-zone! You will spend one night and one day in Banff, the most famous town in the Rockies. You will also have a free day to try an exciting winter activity, sleep in after a big night out on the town or enjoy the local shops and sights of Banff.
- Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
- Many chances to see wildlife (deer, elk, bighorn sheep & more!)
- Get the chance to try exciting winter activities!
- Amazing glaciers & waterfalls
- Breathtaking scenery in Lake Louise, Banff & Golden
- Experience the famous Lake Louise – option to go ice skating on Lake Louise (seasonal)
- Enjoy a guided tour and free time for shopping and sightseeing in the town of Banff, plus option to visit the Banff Hot Springs
- Option to dance the night away at a VIP Party Night
- Enjoy a traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly and knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Have FUN!!!
4 Days, 3 Nights
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place
- The fun begins! Your friendly Tour Guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers. Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Enjoy a number of sights along the way including: the scenic Coquihalla Highway, Bridal Falls, and the Okanagan Valley known as Canada’s desert!
- Stop in Kamloops for lunch
- Enjoy wine tasting at Monte Creek Ranch Winery
- Check-in at the beautiful Quaaout Lodge & Spa
- Enjoy entertaining stories and legends from a First Nations cultural host
- After settling in to your room, option to relax in the hot tub or swim in the indoor pool. Then join your guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast (weather permitting)!
- Breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Depart the hotel in the morning
- Drive through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Visit Roger’s Pass National Historic Site
- Explore Lake Louise! Optional ice skating (seasonal)
- Continue your drive to Banff. Once in Banff, enjoy a driving tour of the world famous town
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and try one of the many restaurants
- Option to join your guide for a VIP Party Night (18+ only with 2 pieces of valid ID)
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Option to participate in an exciting winter activity like snowshoeing or ice walking or skiing/snowboarding at Lake Louise Mountain (Please note we only recommend the skiing/snowboarding option for experienced skiers/snowboarders as the tour guide will not be with you, you will get to the ski hill via the mountain shuttle)
- If you are not participating in an activity, sleep in and meet your guide for an extended tour of Banff
- Option to soak in the Banff Hot Springs and/or take the Sulphur Mountain Gondola (additional cost)
- Depart Banff in the afternoon for Golden
- Stop at Emerald Lake (weather and time permitting)
- Check into your Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub
- Option to visit the local hot spot for an end of tour party!
- Depart Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie (the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway)
- Enjoy on-board entertainment
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 8:00pm
Booking through Cultural Connections Team: Tsawwassen Ferry in Vancouver
Online booking: 999 Canada Place in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel
- Adult (18+): from $519
- Youth/Student with ID: from $439
- 3-nights hotel accommodation with pools & hot tubs including one night in downtown Banff.
- 3 breakfasts
- Wine tasting experience
- Storytelling from a First Nations Cultural Host
- Discounts on optional activities
- Traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores
- Deluxe coach transportation with on-board entertainment
- Friendly, experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes and park fees
Tour Departure Dates: Most Fridays from January 11, 2019 to April 5, 2019 - Please Note: Cultural Connections Team is only booking for the February 15-18, 2019 trip. If you would like to book for other dates please visit this Discover Canada Tours.
How to Sign Up
Our activities are available to all current VIU Students. Sign up with the Cultural Connections Team in person in Building 255.
You will need to have your:
- Student card,
- Proof of medical insurance (BC Care Card or Guard.me Insurance Policy)
- Payment (credit card is the only form of payment taken by DC Tours)
Hours & Locations for Signing Up with us:
Lunchtime Activity Information Desk Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12pm – 1pm in Building 255 - 1st Floor International Commons or by appointment (see contact information below)
Individually Online @ Discover Canada Tours - Note: Your pickup location will be different from those who sign up with the Cultural Connections Team.
You may cancel your tour at any time by notifying Discover Canada Tours at 1-855-689-8128.
If you cancel your overnight tour:
More than 30 days in advance for tours that are 2-3 days in duration, a full refund will be applied minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per passenger. If you cancel within 30 days prior to departure, your tour is 100% non-refundable.
More than 60 days in advance for tours 4+ days in duration, a full refund will be applied minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per passenger. If you cancel within 60 days prior to departure, your tour is 100% non-refundable.
If you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time and miss the tour, no refund will be issued. Please check the map and transit schedule well in advance to ensure that you can get to the meeting spot on time.
Kelsey Moon, Activity Program Coordinator
phone: 250.753.3245, Ext. 2737
cell phone: 250.618.2549