Congratulations, if you have landed in this page is probable because you have been accepted to VIU!
At VIU, we want to help students to be as successful as they can be. We have found that the more prepared students are, the more successful they can be. This online course is here to help you be more prepared for the realities of being a student at Vancouver Island University.
This course is intended for academic undergraduate students.
This course contains information that will help you:
- Learn more about what it means to be a student at VIU
- Learn how to select, enroll and register in classes
- Discover important services available to students at VIU
- Increase your knowledge of Canadian Culture
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities involved in moving from one culture to another
- Become more prepared for your new life here at VIU
We’ve heard many stories from International Students over the years about common areas where they have struggled and what they wished they had known prior to coming here. We have created this interactive course to help you learn these things early, and feel supported.
VIU: it's a new language, it’s a new culture, it’s a new experience--use this course to learn what you need to make the most of your time here!
This online resource will help you with information about registration, planning your first semester, getting ready to come to VIU or learning what to expect as your first semester starts. This is a specific online resource for undergraduate international students at VIU including information on study permit/visa information, tips on coming to study in Canada, how to enroll or drop classes, etc.
Here are the steps to follow to access this awesome tool:
- Click here to access your Student Record.
- On the first page of your student record, you should see the "Create your computer account" link. Click on it.
- Follow the instructions on the account creation page.
- Once you have created your student computer account, you can log out of your student record.
- Go to https://learn.viu.ca. The link will open in a new window or tab.
- Your username is your student number, and the passwords is the computer account password you just created.
- Once you are logged into VIULearn, click the “Open Learning” link near the top left hand side of your My Home page.
- Click on the blue title “International Ready, Set, Go - Launchpad to Success at VIU!” to register for it.
- The course description will appear. Choose the “Register” button.
- Your registration information will automatically appear. Choose “Submit”.
- On the confirmation page, choose “Finish”.
- After that, click on “Go to course offering [name of course]" to start checking out the course!
You will be taken right to the site homepage. Take a minute and check out the News area for useful information about exploring the site. Enjoy!
For detailed instructions follow this link: https://ciel.viu.ca/learning-technologies-innovation/viulearn/viulearn-help-learners/5-steps-getting-started
Technical Assistance and Support
If you need any assistance with VIULearn, send an email to email@example.com. If you need assistance with your VIU Student Computer Account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These emails are monitored 9:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday.