Length: 3 months or 5 weeks
Location Offered: Nanaimo campus
Interested in traveling and teaching English abroad? VIU’s Teaching English as a Second / Foreign Language Certificate Program can fund your wanderlust. If you have a bachelor’s degree, top it up with an affordable TESL certificate and add it to your travel documents for an exciting work and travel abroad experience!
VIU’s TESL / TEFL Certificate is accredited by Languages Canada. The program is open to Canadian citizens and international students and it is offered in full-time (5 weeks) and part-time (3 months) formats at our Nanaimo Campus.
Graduates may go on to teaching English abroad, working as language tutors, and teaching English in Canada at private language schools. International teachers requiring a formal certificate for Professional Development purposes would also benefit from this TESL / TEFL certificate.
- A 120 hour course including a 20 hour supervised practicum
- Two intakes per year
- Part-time and full-time options
- Supervised practicum completed in VIU’s English Language Centre
- Students taking the part-time course must complete their practicum weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. in the ELC.
- Second Language Acquisition
- Methodological Issues
- Techniques for Teaching
- Assessment and Feedback
- Professional Issues
- Supervised Practicum
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis