Homestay/ Peerstay Homes must provide:
- A private bedroom for each student that is furnished with a comfortable bed, linens (bedding and towels), desk, dresser, closet, nightstands, and lighting.
- Each bedroom is to have a window Such windows shall provide an unobstructed opening of not less than 380 mm (15”) in height or width and .35 m² (543”) in area and maintain such an opening during an emergency without the need for additional support.
- Bedroom ceiling height of 6'6
- Internet access
- Access to a landline telephone or an emergency cell phone (always charged, kept in the same place capable of calling 911)
- Laundry Facilities: Washer, dryer, and laundry detergent
- Cleaning supplies for student to keep private space clean
- Smoke alarms located on each floor between the bedroom and living room.
- Updated and current home-owner and renter's insurance
- For peerstay students access to cooking their meals and all the dishes and equipment to do so.
*The Homestay/ Peerstay program reserves the right to choose hosts using these criteria and to remove hosts from the program who fail to continue to meet these criteria.