International Advisory Committee
Mission Statement - The mission of the VIU International Education Advisory Committee is to advise the Dean of International Education on activities, programs and strategies that best contribute to the fulfillment of VIU’s commitment to international education as a strategic priority.
Role of the Advisory Committee - The role of the International Education Advisory Committee is:
- to provide direction to the Faculty of International Education regarding international activities, programs and students at VIU;
- to develop and review international strategies for VIU and bring these as recommendations to Deans and Directors Council and/or Management Committee as appropriate;
- to facilitate the communication of information on international activities and opportunities to the campus community;
- to provide a central forum for the sharing of information and ideas on international activities and programs at VIU;
- to determine eligibility of institutional submissions to external funding bodies (eg. AUCC, CIDA, HRSDC);
- to support and monitor initiatives designed to retain, and enhance the experience of, international students in all programs;
- to promote and support the participation of VIU faculty, staff and students in international and cross-cultural activities and programs;
- to promote internationalization initiatives within departments and faculties and across the VIU community;
- to undertake other duties as requested by the Dean of International Education.
- Dean of International Education (Chair)
- One representative from each Faculty
- Associate Dean of International Education
- Director of International Marketing and Recruitment
- Director of International Admissions
- Manager of Education Abroad
- International Student Advisor
- VIU Student Union representative
- International Students’ representative
- Deans and Campus Principals are invited to attend as ex-officio members; other International Education staff may be invited to attend specific meetings.
- Faculty representatives shall serve for a three-year term, renewable; student representatives shall serve for a one-year term, renewable.
Meetings - The International Education Advisory Committee shall meet at least four times a year; additional meetings shall be called by the Chair, if required. An agenda, minutes of the previous meeting and relevant briefing documents will be circulated prior to each meeting.