NEW IN JANUARY 2017
Length: 6 weeks part-time
Location offered: Nanaimo campus and Cowichan campus
To prepare students for the specific demands of the IELTS Test.
About the Program:
IELTS, or “International English Language Testing System,” is an international standardized test of English language proficiency. IELTS tests the ability to read, write, speak and listen in English. Universities in countries such as Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and Australia use this exam as a guideline to allow students who are not native English speakers to enter post-secondary education.
This course will prepare you for the specific demands of the IELTS test. You will learn and practice strategies that will help you to perform more efficiently on this set of tests. At the same time, you will improve your academic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Classes on Monday and Wednesday evening from 6pm to 9pm
- Start in January, February, May, June, September or October.
- Costs: $980 Cdn per course.
- Small classes, highly qualified, friendly, approachable teachers, and a wide range of learning materials.
- ELC students may take this course in addition to their full-time studies in the English Language Centre.
Students are encouraged to apply five calendar days before the start of the program.
For more information, contact: worldVIU@viu.ca