Location Offered: Nanaimo Campus
For students intending to continue on to university.
One level of University Preparation is 13-weeks.
The 13-week course is divided into two 6.5-week modules, each of which covers 2 skills.
To finish one level of University Preparation, both modules need to be completed.
- 20 hours per week of instruction.
- Start in January, February, April, June, August, October.
- Includes learning center, language lab access and socio-cultural activities.
- Small classes, highly qualified, friendly, approachable teachers, and a wide range of learning materials.
- Students in UP5 may be eligible to take one academic credit course.
- Graduates from UP5 can enter Vancouver Island University degree, diploma and certificate programs directly (as long as academic pre-requisites met).
- A minimum grade of C (60%) is required to pass any of the UP levels.
Students are encouraged to apply three months before the start of the program to allow enough time for visa processing.