Location Offered: Nanaimo Campus
- Professionals who want to improve their English for the workplace; and
- Students who want to develop their Business English skills for their academic coursework.
This program is available on-demand to groups.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a customised quote.
Sample Program Details
- Instruction in the language of:
Marketing, Finance and Trends,
International Business Culture,
Ethics and Leadership, and
- Weekly guest speakers or field trips to local business
- Includes learning center and language lab access.
- Optional socio-cultural activities.
- Small classes, highly qualified, friendly and approachable teachers.
Various local housing options are available. Please visit the Housing page for more details.
On-campus housing will only be available during June and July.
Students must have a minimum of low intermediate English skills before entering this program, with at least IELTS 4.5 or TOEFL 34.
Vancouver Island University accepts international students under one of the following conditions:
- direct applications (online or paper applications);
- applications through authorized representatives;
- institution-to-institution exchange programs;
- sponsorship through inter-governmental agreements;
winner of academic competitions or international scholarships.
All students must:
- be a international visitor or hold an student authorization;
- complete a Vancouver Island University ESL language assessment test (or equivalent)
Please keep in mind that students applying for conditional admission to an undergraduate (or diploma, certificate or trades) program at VIU, or thinking of applying upon completion of ESL programming, will still be required to provide proof of high school graduation and their secondary school transcripts.