Date: Saturday, Jan 13, 2018
Mount Washington, BC
About Mount Washington Snow Tubing Day
Join us as we make our way 2 hours north of Nanaimo to visit Mount Washington Alpine Resort where we will spend the day enjoying the snow and snow tubing activities on the ski hill. The Mountain has a wide variety of downhill terrain ranging from beginner to expert. When you sign up make sure you have the appropriate clothing to spend the day outside in the snow.
What to wear:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather
- Appropriate winter clothing for the weather
- Waterproof winter coat and pants
- Snow boots
- Gloves or mitts (bring extras if you have)
- Tuque or winter hat
- Ski Goggles if you have some
- A change of clothes and shoes
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Money if you wish to shop or buy food
- Snacks & Lunch (or money for food)
- A backpack to carry all your items
VIU Building 255 Loop at 9:00 am
Transportation to and from Mount Washington Alpine Resort and a day pass to the Snow Tubing Park
Policies, Health & Safety
We have an ongoing commitment to ensure the safety and quality of our trips, with trained and responsible student leaders, staff and community partners. Before you sign-up, please check out our policies & procedures for more information about how to prepare for a trip, as well as our cancellation policy.
How to Sign Up
Our activities are available to all current VIU Students. Sign up with us in person in Building 255.
You will need to have your:
- Student card,
- Proof of medical insurance (BC Care Card or Guard.me Insurance Policy)
- Payment (cash is currently the only method of payment for activities)
Hours & Locations for Signing Up with us:
Faculty of International Education Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm in Building 255, 2nd Floor Reception.
Lunchtime Activity Sign Up Booth Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12pm – 1pm in Building 255 - 1st Floor Learning Commons.
Please read our general waiver form for VIU group activities in the attachment section below. All participants are required to read and sign the waiver before the start of the trip. We will provide a paper copy for you to read through again and sign the morning of the trip.
Simon Schachner, Intercultural Program Coordinator
phone: (250)-740-6315, Local 2092